Employment Practices and Litigation
We have more than twenty-five years of experience in vigorously representing employers, insurers and employees in all aspects of employment law. Our principal strategy is to educate employers and their decision makers to develop work policies and practices designed to minimize the risk of a dispute. Prevention is the key to reducing risks.
We have very extensive, successful trial experience in the employment area in all forums: federal, state, administrative and arbitration. Our approach is pragmatic, weighing the costs against the risks and ensuring that this analysis guides you, our client, in making decisions about the claim. This pragmatism is tempered by the continuing effort to develop imaginative and aggressive steps that will yield cost effective solutions.
Areas of Expertise Include:
• Development of Employment Policies and Handbooks
• Consultation in Employee Discipline and Termination Issues
• Employment Benefits
• Workplace Investigations
• Sexual Harassment Training
• Family and Medical Leave Compliance
• Employment and Non-Compete Contracts
• Representation of Federal Employees
• Wage and Hour Claims
• Trial Representation in All of the Above in All Forums
John F. Lambert, Jr. is a co-author of Maine Human Resources Manual, published in conjunction with the Maine Chamber of Commerce and available HERE.